Research with children, young people and pregnant women is conducted in age-appropriate environments by a dedicated team experienced in delivering complex experimental medicine and translational research, including drug, advanced therapy, medical device trials, and observational studies.
Our team includes both qualified paediatric and adult nurses.
Operates 7 days per week, 24 hours per day
- Separate waiting areas for adults and young people
- Parent waiting room
- 8 inpatient beds comprising 5 single and 2 twin-bed rooms
- 5 consulting rooms
- 2 investigation rooms
- Paediatric phlebotomy suite
- Sample processing room
- Tissue Culture room with ducted Class 2 biosafety cabinet
- Electromagnet sealed room for electrophysiology measurement
- Specialist Paediatric Nurse outreach to support trial delivery in other CRF units